Video Marketing for Business
Everything you need to know about Video Marketing for Business
ESTIMATED TIME FOR COMPLETION: 4-6 hours
By the end of this lesson you should:
- Understand the benefits of video marketing
- Video Marketing Stats & Research
- Gain some insight into what videos to create
- Understand some of the video technology available to you
- Branding your videos
- Youtube Branding
- Sharing videos on social media
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY
- A downloadable PDF – print it out and read it at your leisure or save an online version and engage in it digitally
- Access to our YouTube channel with several webinars and other valuable information
- Resources – downloadable resources related to the content where available
- Access to our Private Facebook group where you can network with other likeminded business people who are engaging in digital skills training. Ask questions, gain support, keep updated
In 2014 The Training Collective was formed as a spin-off company out of multi-award winning company The Creative Collective, to focus solely on training.
We have extensive experience in the development and successful delivery of a wide range of online and offline training having completed numerous projects for Government agencies and other private clients. Indeed we have been training in online success topics since 2009, well before many others entered the market place.
Whether it is providing one staff member in training on a particular social network, or devising a year long program to up-skill your entire workforce, our extensive range of training solutions will help improve the digital skills of your team and ensure long term success.
The Training Collective has extensive experience in the development and delivering everything from one hour webinars to half day and full day training, through to online courses and programs and year long professional development plans for large organisations.
We also have extensive online experience and demonstrated skills in the development of effective websites and online resource portals, developing system user-guides and customised procedures, as well as online and offline training in the use of new systems.